- Agency Overview
- Contact Us
American Samoa EPA Mission Statement
The mission of the American Samoa EPA is to protect human health and to safeguard the natural environment – air, water, and land – upon which life depends.
ASEPA’s purpose is to ensure that :
- All residents of American Samoa are protected from significant risks to human health and the environment where they live, learn and work.
- Efforts to reduce environmental risk are based on the best available scientific information.
- American Samoa and Federal laws protection human health and the environment are enforced fairly and effectively.
- Environmental protection is an integral consideration in American Samoa and W.S. policies concerning natural resources, human health, economic growth, energy, transportation, agriculture, industry, and international trade, and these factors are similarly considered in establishing environmental policy.
- All parts of society – villages/communities, individuals, business, and government, – have access to accurate information sufficient to effectively participate in managing human health and environmental risks.
- Environmental protection contributes to making our communities and ecosystems diverse, sustainable and economically productive.
- American Samoa works with other states and nations to protect the global environment.